Note that this form is Microsoft Word format.
The Engagement Letter (Hourly--Long Form) establishes the scope and limtations of the firm's services and states the basis on which fees will be computed.
This form sets forth the terms of representation, including:
- Scope of Services
- Possible Conflicts of Interest
- General Matter/Transaction/Litigation Information
- Assignment of Firm Personnel
- Legal Fees, Espenses, and Billings
- Client Cooperation and Mutual Communciation
- Protection of Client Confidences
- Resolution of Disputes
- Binding Agreement
This Engagement Letter is appropriate for all new clients, including pro bono clients. Existing clients can also be given engagement letters following a review of the matters for which the firm is presently engaged.
This form is discussed in more detail in The Essential Formbook: Comprehensive Management Tools for Lawyers, Volume I: Partnership and Organizational Agreements/Client Intake and Fee Agreements.
Other Downloads Available!
This is only one of many downloads available from this book. To see what else is available, visit:
The Electronic Formbook