A practical, step-by-step guide on how to prepare for, negotiate and implement a new cross-border operation, The Globalized Lawyer examines both legal and business considerations involved. This book incorporates the advice and insights of more than two dozen leading experts, including professionals from such globally recognized organizations as Baker & McKenzie, Sidley & Austin, DLA Piper, Deloitte and Accenture, among others.
For attorneys and executives new to the international arena, The Globalized Lawyer is an approachable and excellent tool. Even experienced transactional specialists will find fresh perspectives in the unique references of the views of a variety of disciplines, including Chinese and Indian-based professionals.
Topics covered in the book include:
- The importance of having a global practice in an ever-globalizing world
- Effective and efficient use of in-house legal staff, outside counsel and consultants
- The crucial importance of careful feasibility analysis and planning
- Managing a comprehensive due diligence investigation
- Strategic concerns surrounding intellectual property
- Joint venture strategies
- Evaluating offshore destinations and vendor partners
- The art of negotiating in a cross-boder context
- Secrets to implementation and dispute management across cultures
- Creating fact-based strategies for managing emotional backlash arguments