ADMINISTRATIVE & REGULATORY LAW NEWS
We're always looking for better ways to serve our members and the public. We appreciate your comments.
Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the APA:
An APA Trivia Quiz
Here's a few Brain Teasers to test your knowledge of the APA.
- What day was the APA enacted?
- What year was the APA repealed?
- In 1960, where in the U.S. Code would a legal researcher have
found the APA?
- Who was the Attorney General who wrote the Attorney General's
Manual on the APA?
- Who was the Chairman of the Attorney General's Committee on
- Who was the Attorney General who appointed the members of
- Name another member of the Committee?
- Who was the Staff Director of the Committee?
- Name another staff member of the Committee.
- How many monographs were published by the Committee in conjunction
with its final report in 1941?
- How many sections were in the original APA?
- How were "administrative law judges" referred to
in the original APA?
- Who were the two primary Senate and House sponsors of the
bill that became the APA?
- How many votes were cast against the APA in both Houses of
- What was the name of the bill that President Roosevelt vetoed
in 1939, that would have taken a very different approach to administrative
- Which one of the following laws predated the APA: Federal
Tort Claims Act, Federal Register Act, Agency Practice Act, Federal
Advisory Committee Act?
- What was the name of the most recent Public Law that amended
the codified APA?
At the Section of Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice
we are always looking for new and better ways to serve our members, the bar and the public.
If you have any comments, ideas or features you would like us to incorporate, or if you have
difficulties with any of the links in these pages, please contact the Section's
ABA and Section
For additional information on the Section, please contact Leanne Pfautz at:
Phone: (202) 662-1665
Fax: (202) 662-1629
ABA Section of Administrative Law & Regulatory Practice,
10th Floor, 740 15th Street, NW Washington, DC 20005-1009