Excellence in the Advancement of Animal Law Award
The Animal Law Committee's annual "Excellence in the Advancement of Animal Law Award" recognizes exceptional work by an Animal Law Committee member who, through commitment and leadership, has advanced the humane treatment of animals through the law. Although the Awards Subcommittee members will consider all facts presented about the nominee, they are especially interested in the nominee's activities during the prior three years. Nominees and nominators must be members of the Animal Law Committee. Travel expenses for the winning nominee to the award reception are not included. The annual nomination deadline is March 1.
The criteria to be considered in evaluating the nominee include:
- Excellence in Advancing the Practice of Animal Law, and/or
- Excellence in Legislation Promoting the Interests of Animals, and/or
- Excellence in Publication on Animal Law, and/or
- Excellence in the Formation or Presentation of a Continuing Legal Education program on Animal Law, and/or
- Excellence as a Leader of the ABA TIPS Animal Law Committee.
See the newsletter articles below for details on prior recipients.
Previous Honorees:Joan Schaffner -- 2013 ALC Award Recipient
Adam Karp -- 2012 ALC Award Recipient
Rebecca Huss -- 2011 ALC Award Recipient
David Favre -- 2010 ALC Award Recipient
Joyce Tischler -- 2009 ALC Award Recipient
Raj Panjwani -- 2008 ALC Award Recipient
Jane Hoffman -- Inaugural ALC Award Recipient
Make a Nomination for the 2014 Animal Law Award:
Download Nomination Form