Thank you to all those who attended our non-CLE webinar. Presentations slides are now available below under "Materials".
Please join us March 1 at 2PM EST for our first Non-CLE Committee Webinar:
Legal Risks for Credit Union Websites under the ADA
Our panel of committee members will share their insights and knowledge on new and developing legal risks in the enforcement of the Americans with Disabilities Act based on the accessibility of a credit union’s website. The program will examine the state of the law, the exposure credit unions and other retailers have already experienced and what solutions are available to address these concerns.
• Brenda Barrett, Duggins, Wren, Mann & Romero, LLP, Moderator
• Brandy Bryuere, National Association of Federally-Insured Credit Unions
• Bruce Pearson, Styskal, Wiese & Melchione, LLP
• Hal Scoggins, Farleigh Wada Witt
The presentation will:
• Provide general ADA background related to websites, including both credit union marketing-only and transactional websites
• Discuss current laws/regulations and gaps future regulations may (or may not) fill
• Share publicly available standards/technical solutions, especially Web Access Initiative WCAG 2.0/2.1
• Review current consumer claims and up-to-date court decisions/consent orders
• Provider real world credit union responses and strategies to proactively prepare for claims
If you have not received log in information for this webinar, please contact Brenda Barrett at firstname.lastname@example.org