The mission of the International Business Law Committee is to provide practical and timely advice and expertise to business lawyers from all over the world, primarily in private practice and in-house, with respect to crossborder transactions and other transnational commercial and financial activities. The Committee also affords its members opportunities to network and work together with lawyers from diverse cultures and legal systems.
- Approximately 1350 members
- A substantial number of the IBL members reside and practice law in foreign countries
- Many of the members are law students with a focus in their studies on international business matters
- The Committee has a LinkedIn page and encourages members to correspond and communicate through that page (www.linkedin.com Search for the “ABA Business Law Section International Committee” and request admission. You will be admitted to the Group after your membership in the IBL has been confirmed)
Areas of Expertise
- The Committee is structure through Subcommittees, of which there are 9 and we are discussing creating a 10th subcommittee with a focus on financial services
- The 9 subcommittees which evidence the IBL's areas of expertise are: Asia-Pacific Law; European Law; Intellectual Property; International Banking and Finance; International Dispute Resolution; International Trade Law; Latin American Law; Multinational Enterprises; Multinational Mergers and Acquisitions
- Our Subcommittees are chaired by attorneys with significant experience in the matters addressed by their respective subcommittees and they reside in numerous countries around the world.