The mission of the State and Local Bar Relations Committee is to support communication and cooperation between the Business Law Section and state and local business law organizations and promotes Section membership, publications and CLE.
- Approximately 58 members
- The Committee meets in person at the Section's Spring Meeting and at the ABA Annual Meeting
- The Committee sponsors the Annual Business Bar Leaders Conference for the leaders of state business bar sections and large city business bar sections as a means of sharing Section experience in business section management and to promote Section membership.
- The Committee encourages the repurposing of certain Section programs by state and local bar associations as a means of showcasing the Business Law Sections capabilities and resources so as to encourage Section membership.
Areas of Expertise
- Business section and committee management tools, such as:
- Content production and distribution
- Use of social media and electronic communications
- Outreach and membership
- ABA resources available to state and local bar business sections
- Current legislative and/or other business law developments