If you are interested in taking an active part on our Steering Committee or on a particular project, please contact the Co-Chairs, whose details are on the upper right.
Here are some projects that may interest you:
- Increase the number of ABA benefits that actually work for members who live abroad
- Set up local U.S. Lawyers Abroad networking groups and events
- seek out and correct ABA electronic forms that require information that does not apply or exist abroad
- Suggest and work on Committee programs, publications, phone, and teleconferences
- Improve the Committee webpage
- Mentor members and law students who have recently moved or who expect to move abroad
- Work on changing the SSA law that discriminates against non-U.S. citizen widows and widowers of deceased U.S. citizens Social Security beneficiaries
- Increase Committee membership
- Work on identifying and resolving the gaps which impact the ability to obtain notarized statements required for various reasons within the U.S.
- Support the ABA Focus on Women in the Law positive deviance programs
- Identify ABA Ethics 20/20 issues and concerns which impact U.S. lawyers practicing abroad
- Other creative activities that you suggest