Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Thank you for your interest in the Pesticide, Chemical Regulation, and Right to Know Committee (PCRRTK) website!
I wish to express my sincere gratitude to former chair Martha Marrapese and to those who led our Committee since its inception. Their leadership has enabled our Committee to flourish with an espirit de corps that makes it a privilege and honor to serve as your Chair. Indeed, the Section awarded the PCRRTK Committee two awards for the 2013-2014 ABA Year: Best Committee - Environmental and Best Newsletter.
At the forefront, our Committee strives to provide opportunities for profession discourse, substantive information exchange and legal scholarship within the diverse bar of attorneys interested or involved in pesticide, chemical, and information disclosure law and policy. We address these goals by encouraging broad participation in our programs, publications, and policy dialogues, and by developing programs and materials of value to law students, private, non-profit, and government practitioners.
So, what will the PCRRTK world look like in 2014-2015? Here's a glimpse:
- Quarterly Newsletter (November, January, April, June) provides insightful analysis on recent issues and trends in the PCRRTK space as well as publishing opportunities;
- Monthly Complimentary Friday Forums provide: networking opportunities with colleagues, meetings with thought/government leaders, and the ability to learn about critical issues;
- Monthly PCRRTK Conference Call, typically held on the 3rd Tuesday at 2:30 ET;
- Opportunities to: present, network and collaborate with organizations;
- Programming to be developed: Quick Teleconference/Brown bags/Webinars;
- 22nd Annual SEER Fall Conference at Trump Doral, October 8-11, 2014.
I invite you to browse our pages to learn more about our Committee. I also encourage you to contact me or any vice chair with your ideas to expand our offerings or resources or questions.
We encourage you to help us develop and expand our portfolio of resources. I look forward to working with you to make this a memorable year.