Pesticides, Chemical Regulation, and Right-To-Know
The Pesticides, Chemical Regulation, and Right-To-Know Committee was recognized at the 20th Section Fall Meeting with the 2011-2012 Best Newsletter Award for Environmental Committees. (more)
Welcome to the home page for the Committee on Pesticide, Chemical Regulation, and Right to Know. The PCRRTK Committee's goal is to provide opportunities for professional discourse, substantive information exchange, and legal scholarship within the diverse bar of attorneys interested or involved in pesticide, chemical, and information disclosure law and policy. We strive to address these goals by encouraging broad participation in our programs, publications, and policy dialogues, and by developing programs and materials of value to private, non-profit, and government practitioners. I encourage you to explore some of our existing resources, including:
- Our Practioner's E-Reference Guides provide great online research and reference links for issues like Nanotechnology, TSCA Reform, The EU's Chemical Control Program Under REACH, Regulation of PCBs, Green Marketing, and Confidential Business Information (CBI) Policy in Chemical and Pesticide Regulation. In addition, the Perspectives, Insights, and Analysis E-Reference provides great links to recent scholarship on pesticide, chemical regulation, and right to know issues.
- Our Pesticides, Chemical Regulation, and Right-To-Know Newsletter provides insightful analysis on recent issues and trends in the PCRRTK space.
- Our regularly-scheduled Quick Teleconferences, Brownbags, and other Programs provide opportunities to network with colleagues, meet government leaders, and learn about critical issues.
Of course, the Committee offers you more than just access to such resources - we encourage you to help us develop and expand our portfolio of resources. Here are some ways to get involved.
- Develop a new Practitioner's E-Reference. We are looking for volunteers to help develop E-References on the Toxic Substances Control Act. We are also looking for volunteers to develop E-References on Pesticide Regulation under FIFRA," "Federalism and Chemical Control Policy," and a "FIFRA Litigation Roundup," and other relevant topics. Contact Freedom Smith for details.
- Submit a Newsletter Article. We are always looking for scholarship and insight on relevant legal and policy developments. (Note: the deadline for the next issue is May 3, 2013. Contact Lynn Bergeson for details.
- Propose or Help Plan a Quick Teleconference(QT)/Brownbag Program. Given the constant legislative, regulatory, and judicial activity in the PCRRTK arena, our QT/Brownbag Agenda is limited only by our ability to get dedicated practitioners to help with planning. We welcome your ideas (and leadership) on program issues of interest to you and your constituents. Contact David Markert or Lawrence Culleen.
It is an exciting time to be part of the PCRRTK community. We welcome your participation in the year to come.
FREE FRIDAY BREAKFAST FORUM, May 17, 2013
WHAT: Maria J. Doa, PhD, Director, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics (OPPT) Chemical Control Division, US Environmental Protection Agency
Dr. Doa is the Director of OPPT's Chemical Control Division (CCD). She will discuss:
- The recent announcement on 2013 Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) Work Plan, Action Plan Risk Assessments, and Data Collection Activities;
- EPA's recent activities on Significant New Use Rules (SNURs) under TSCA; and
- Other activities on TSCA chemicals management.
WHERE: American Cleaning Institute 1331 L Street NW, Suite 650
TIME: 8:30am – 9:30am EDT
Please send your RSVP to Joanne Thelmo. If you would like to join remotely or need more information please contact Joanne. There is no cost for attending either in-person or remotely.
2012 Sponsored Events
- Friday Breakfast Forum, James A. Kohn, Associate Director for the Enforcement Division, Bureau of Consumer Protection, Federal Trade Commission, April 12, 2013
- Friday Breakfast Forum, Cynthia Giles, Assistant Administrator for the Office of Enforcement & Compliance Assurance, US Environmental Protection Agency | March 15, 2013
- Friday Breakfast Forum, Maureen Ruskin, Director of the Office of Chemicals Hazards-Metals, OSHA | February 15, 2013
- Green Chemistry for Lawyers with Dr. Paul Anastas
Committee Call/Informal Breakfast Program | October 9, 2012
- California's Proposed GM Food Labeling Law: Pros, Cons, and Legal Issues
Quick Teleconference | July 31, 2012
- Recent Decisions, Trends and Developments in Data Compensation under FIFRA
Brown Bag | May 3, 2012
- Recent Developments in Chemical Control Laws in Asia--Will East and West Finally Meet?
Washington, DC | April 10, 2012
2011 Sponsored Events
- California Dreaming, Reality, or Nightmare? California's New Paradigm in Products and Chemicals Regulation Could be Coming to a Store Near You
Quick Teleconference | December 13, 2011
- What's New, What's Hot in Pesticide Law and Policy Program
Quick Teleconference | November 8, 2011
- Chemicals Regulation: Balancing Science and Fear in the Reform of the Toxic Substances Control Act
Friday, October 14, 2011 | 19th Section Fall Meeting
- Making Products Greener: What is the Lawyer's Role?
Thursday, October 13, 2011 | 19th Section Fall Meeting
- Brownbag with Rosemarie Kelly, Director Waste and Chemical Enforcement, US EPA
Monday, September 19, 2011
- Chemical Regulation in Canada? Lessons for U.S. Reforms
Friday, August 5, 2011
- Nano Governance: The Current State of Federal, State, and International Regulation
Quick Teleconference | May 19, 2011
- The NPDES Pesticide General Permit: Perspectives from the Hill, EPA, the Regulated Community, and Environmental Advocates
Quick Teleconference | Wednesday, April 27, 2011
- New Directions in Chemicals Regulation
Thursday, March 31, 2011
- Right to Know Versus Right to Intellectual Property: EPA?s Evolving Approach to Confidential Business Information
Quick Teleconference | Wednesday, March 2, 2011
2010 Sponsored Events
- Selling Green: A Concise Overview of the FTC's Proposed Guides for the Use of Environmental Marketing Claims
Quick Teleconference | Tuesday, November 16, 2010
- California Dreaming or Reality?
California's New Paradigm in Chemicals and Products Management Could be Coming to a Store Near You
Quick Teleconference | Monday, November 15, 2010
- Tox21 and Chemical Regulation: The Effect of the NIEHS National Toxicology Program Partnership with EPA and the FDA on Chemicals in the Marketplace
Quick Teleconference | Thursday, October 21, 2010
- Meet the Administration: A Visit with Assistant Administrator Steve Owens, J.D., Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution, U.S. EPA
Quick Teleconference | Thursday, September 16, 2010
2009 Sponsored Events
- District of Columbia Bar Brown Bag Program -- Chemical Regulation and Management - Is Change Really Going to Come?
-- From Noon to 2:00 p.m. [Presentation # 1 | Presentation # 2]
April 14, 2009 in Washington, DC
- Summary of Half-day meeting of the Committee for Pesticides, Chemical Regulation and Right to Know [Agenda | Summary]
February 10, 2009 - Washington, DC
||Environmental Litigation: Law and Strategy|
The scope of what qualifies as "environmental litigation" is huge, covering a complex array of federal and state statutes, hundreds of common-law rule... more
View the full roster of Pesticides, Chemical Regulation, and Right-To-Know Committee leadership.
An archive of the committee's current and past newsletters is available.
Modified by Freedom Smith on April 15, 2013