On behalf of the Pesticide, Chemical Regulation, and Right to Know Committee (PCRRTK) Leadership, I am excited to welcome you to our Committee and our website!
Since 1999 our Committee has built a unique position in addressing pesticides, chemical regulations and information disclosure issues and I am pleased to play a part as Chair which has this responsibility.
As I start my second year as Chair, I wish to express my sincere gratitude to our vice chairs both past and present and to all our former chairs, listed below, for all of your hard work and commitment to our Committee.
Martha Marrapese (2012 - 2014)
Charles Franklin (2010 - 2012)
Mark Duvall (2008 - 2010)
Lynn Bergeson (2006 - 2008)
Larry Culleen (2004 - 2006)
Kipp Coddington (2002 - 2004)
Stanley Abramson (1999 - 2002)
Their contribution and leadership has enabled our Committee to continue to flourish with an esprit de corps that makes it a privilege and honor to serve as your Chair.
One of the primary goals of our Committee is to provide opportunities for professional discourse, substantive information exchange and legal scholarship within the diverse bar of attorneys interested or involved in pesticide, chemical, and information disclosure law and policy.
We address these goals by encouraging broad participation in our programs, publications, and policy dialogues, and by developing programs and materials of value to law students, private, non-profit, and government practitioners.
So here’s a glimpse of what the PCRRTK world will look like in 2015-2016:
- Quarterly Newsletter (November, January, April, June) provides insightful analysis on recent issues and trends in the PCRRTK space as well as publishing opportunities
- Complimentary Friday Forums provides monthly networking opportunities with colleagues, meet thought/government leaders and learn about critical issues
- 2 October 2015, Friday Forum with Gerald Couri, Senior Environmental Policy Advisor to the House Energy & Commerce Committee : TSCA
- 14 October 2015 Hot Topics in Pesticide Law, complimentary
- The meeting will include panel discussions on:
- the intersection of the Endangered Species Act and pesticide regulation
- cross-cutting enforcement issues and policies
- a discussion of food and agriculture right to know issues
- Monthly PCRRTK Conference Call, typically held on the 3rd Thursday at 12:00pm (ET)
- 16 October 2015 will be our next conference call
- Opportunities to present, network and collaborate with other organizations
- Programming to be developed: Quick Teleconference/Brown bags/Webinars
- 23nd Annual SEER Fall Conference in Chicago, October 28-30, 2015.
I invite you to browse our website to learn more about our Committee.
I plan to tweet and will continue to post on our website and look forward to many more opportunities to continue our conversation. I also encourage you to contact me or any vice chair with your ideas to expand our offerings or resources or questions.
Now, it is with great pleasure that I introduce you to our vice chairs for 2015-2016:
Lynn Bergeson - Committee Newsletter
Freedom Smith - Electronic Communications
Allison In - Electronic Communications
Steven M. Christenson - Membership, Corporate In-house
Eric Gotting - Membership, Law Firm
Caleb Pearson - Membership, Students & Young Lawyers
Stacy Tatman - Membership, Trade Associations & Young Lawyers
Sara Beth Watson - Membership, Law Firm
Larry Culleen - Programs
Charles Franklin - Programs
Irene Hantman - Programs
Keith Matthews - Programs
Allison In - Social Media
Tayyaba Waqar - Social Media
Scott Schang - Special Projects
Rachel Lattimore - Special Projects
Claudia O’Brien - The Year in Review
Alicia Edwards - The Year in Review
Mark Duvall - At-Large
Herb Estreicher - At-Large
Charles Franklin - At-Large, Government Affairs Special Committee Liaison
Warren Lehrenbaum - At-Large
Martha Marrapese - At-Large
I look forward to working with you to make this our very best year!
Pesticides, Chemical Regulations and Right-to-Know Committee