The Nuclear Law committee focuses on issues related to nuclear power, nuclear materials, nuclear medicine, state regulation of nuclear materials, and federal, state, and tribal relations. We strive to provide opportunities for professional discourse and information exchange within the bar of attorneys, scientists, and academics interested or involved in the nuclear field.
It’s been an busy year for the Nuclear Law Committee! Here’s a glimpse of what we’ve done and what’s to come:
- Committee Newsletter: issued 2-3 times per year, the newsletter provides insightful analysis on recent issues and trends in the nuclear sphere.
- Programming: Committee Conference Calls/Webinars; CLE and non-CLE opportunities.
- Recent Committee Conference calls included:
- Building Atom Ants: A Panel Discussion on Small Modular Reactors (June 30, 2015)
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Fundamentals (July 22, 2015)
- Committee Happy Hour at Nuclear Regulatory Commission Regulatory Information Conference (RIC) (March 12, 2015)
- Contact Jane Accomando for details and speaking opportunities.
- Opportunities to present, publish, network, and collaborate with others in the nuclear field.
- 23rd Annual SEER Fall Conference in Chicago, Illinois (October 28-31, 2015)
- 45th Annual SEER Spring Conference in Austin, Texas (March 29-30, 2016)
The Committee is an active participant in the Section’s work, especially through newsletter publication, program sponsorship, and regular updates to this website and our LinkedIn group.
Please feel free to contact me to learn about more ways that you can be involved with the Committee and with your ideas to expand our offerings.
Christine A. Jochim