Please join our periodic toll-free calls to discuss current developments, practical advice regarding how members handle issues that arise in this area, and issues of special interest. Reminders, including discussion topics and dial-in information, are sent to Group members and members of its committees a few days be for e each call. Please signup as either a member of the Group or a as member of one of the committees to receive confirmation of the time and call-in instructions.
Although one of our five Committees "hosts" each call, each call this year will begin with a national speaker providing insights for 20 minutes, with Committee members then covering timely topics of interest to all Group practice areas and all of the Committees. The calls are designed to be interactive so members can participate with questions, comments or insights.
So please mark your calendar! Our remaining calls for the year are scheduled for the third Thursdays of every other month (more or less):
· Thursday, November 19 – Estate & Gift Tax
· Thursday, January 28 – International
· Thursday, March 17 – Tax Litigation and Controversy
· Thursday, May 19 – GST
· Thursday, July 21 – Individual & Fiduciary Income Tax
Information on Our Next Group Call:
Thursday, November 19, 2015, 12pm (Central Time)
Dial-in phone #: 866 646 6488
Passcode: 725 588 7619
The Estate and Gift Tax Committee will discuss various current estate and gift tax issues, including:
• Use of beneficiary grantor trusts as an alternate to QSSTs – this discussion will be introduced by our nationally-esteemed colleague, Steven B. Gorin
• IRS’s decision to no longer routinely issue estate tax closing letters
• Other topics of interest to be raised by call participants
• Upcoming committee projects
Co-chairs Tracy Blake DeVlieger and Laura M. Twomey will be joining the discussion and audience participation is greatly encouraged.
Click here visit the Group & Committee Audio Archive to listen to past group conference calls.