This year our quarterly membership calls will focus on private foundations. We're looking forward to examining them in depth, and we'll leave ample time for questions and answers.
Our next call, on Wednesday, January 4, 2017, at 11:00 a.m. Central (12:00 noon Eastern), features Ramsay Slugg from U.S. Trust in Fort Worth, TX.
Topic: "Deciding Whether to Form a Private Foundation"
This discussion will cover:
- Private foundations as a charitable giving vehicles;
- Basic tax treatment of private foundations; and
- Alternatives to private foundations.
Please be sure to join us!
Call-in number: 866-646-6488 Participant pass code: 7255887619
Upcoming Group Calls
And please mark your calendars for the following Group membership calls at 11:00 a.m. Central, 12 noon Eastern:
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017, "Advising Families with New Private Foundations" Speaker Norah Jones, Quarles & Brady LLP
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017, "Governance & Succession"
- Wednesday, October 4, 2017, "Consolidation, Reorganization & Termination"