Who We Are
Our committee focuses on the rights of consumers and on issues relevant to businesses whose operations implicate or are impacted by the statutory and common-law rights of consumers.
- Federal and State Regulators
- In-House Corporate Counsel
- Not-for-Profit and Public Interest Advocates
- Plaintiff and Defense Counsel
Our breadth of consumer litigation perspectives not only reflects our membership, but also our interests:
- Consumer Financial Services
- Marketing and Advertising
- Internet and E-Commerce Privacy and Security
- Product Liability
What We Offer
1. LinkedIn Community (Coming Soon)
Start, or join, discussions, and benefit from the experiences, knowledge and perspectives of our broad community of committee members.
2. CLE and Roundtable Issue Briefings
The committee seeks to present CLE:
- at Section of Litigation Meetings, including the Corporate Counsel CLE Seminar (February), Section Annual Conference (April), and ABA Annual Meeting (July/August),
- in collaboration with state bar committees, divisions, and sections on consumer litigation,
- in collaboration with the Loyola (University of Chicago) Consumer Law Review, including the Consumer Law Review Symposium (March), and
- through periodic Webinars.
The committee also seeks to present non-CLE issue briefings called Roundtables.
Roundtables are FREE, held during the lunch hour (ET/CT), and feature one or two speakers on newsworthy and timely cases and developments in the law.
The committee seeks to publish:
- Newsletters published periodically based upon receipt of qualifying submissions, and distributed via email, and
- Books authored and/or edited by committee members, who may be eligible for proceeds from book sales.
The committee also encourages committee members to review, and support, the Loyola (University of Chicago) Consumer Law Review.
Committee members are encouraged to lead or join one of our subcommittees, listed on our About page, and submit proposals for articles, books, CLE programs, non-CLE Roundtables, and networking events.
Contact the committee cochairs, below, or specific subcommittee (co)chair identified on our About page.
Consumer Litigation Leadership