ABA Section of Litigation Legal Services Delivery Committee Fundraising Training Program
The Advanced Fundraising Training Program focuses on legal services programs that run private bar campaigns, want to develop strategies, and/or have overcome problems to move campaigns to the next level. While addressing specific problems and issues, the program will also focus on general topics such as campaign strategies to increase fundraising support. Additional topics will include:
revitalizing campaign leadership
models for corporate law department campaigns
law firm fellowships
law firm attorney rotations
cy pres and other court awards
TRAINING COST: Free, with a stipend provided for each participating program.
ELIGIBILITY: Legal services programs that have had private bar campaigns in place for at least one year. Submission of a timely application is required. At least one person in each qualifying program must be a member of the Section of Litigation or must join the Section of Litigation, upon selection. The organization must issue a press release about them being selected for the 2014 Advanced Fundraising Training Program sponsored by the ABA Section of Litigation’s Access to Justice/Legal Services Delivery Training Subcommittee.
April 10th: 1:00-5:00 p.m.
April 11th: 9:00-5:00 p.m.
Snell & Wilmer, L.L.P.
400 E. Van Buren
Phoenix, AZ 85004
STIPENDS: Each program will receive a $900.00 stipend to defray transportation and lodging costs. All attendees will be provided a free ticket to attend the Section of Litigation reception on Thursday evening.
LIMIT: A maximum of nine (9) legal services programs (one local); up to two staff members and one private attorney per program; preference is given to those programs where a private attorney commits to attend the training along with a program representative.
TO APPLY: The application process is now closed.
Advanced Fundraising Training Program
ABA Section of Litigation
Attention: Kimberly Shadle
321 N. Clark Street, 18th Floor
Chicago, IL 60654
or via email at Kimberly.Shadle@americanbar.org
Please direct any questions or concerns to Pablo Javier Almaguer at email@example.com. To help ensure a prompt response, please include “FT Program” in the subject line of your email request.
The Access to Justice Committee would like to congratulate the following organizations on receiving Legal Service Training Grants and attending the Legal Service Private Bar Training Campaign in Phoenix, Arizona in April, 2014:
1. Asian Americans Advancing Justice- L.A.
2. Casa Cornelia Law Center
3. Legal Aid of Manasota, Inc.
4. Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma, Inc.
5. Mississippi Center for Legal Services Corporation
6. New Mexico Legal Aid
7. Pine Tree Legal Assistance, Inc.
8. SeniorLAW Center
9. Tennessee Justice Center
1. Appalachian Citizens’ Law Center
2. Georgia Legal Services
3. Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation
4. Legal Aid Foundation of Los Angeles
5. Legal Services of Northwest Minnesota
6. Mazzoni Center Legal Services
7. South Coastal Legal Services
8. Southeast Louisiana Legal Services
1. Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
2. Community Legal Aid (serving western and central Massachusetts
3. Legal Aid and Defender Association, Inc. (serving metro Detroit)
4. Legal Aid of East Tennessee
5. Legal Aid of North Carolina
6. Legal Services of Eastern Missouri
7. Legal Services of Greater Miami
8. Memphis Area Legal Services, Inc.
9. MidPenn Legal Services