Young Lawyer Leadership Program
The Young Lawyer Leadership Program is committed to increasing participation of young lawyers in the Section of Litigation by: (1) involving young lawyers in the work of the Section with the hope that they will develop into future leaders of the Section; and (2) enhancing the image of the Section among young lawyers, including those who are members of the Section and the Young Lawyers Division of the ABA.
Call for Applications
The ABA Section of Litigation is pleased to announce the call for applications for the 2016–2018 class of the Young Lawyers Leadership Program (YLLP). This program is designed to help young lawyers become actively involved in the Section's meetings and committees. The Section is now seeking four candidates.
The program offers mentorship, committee involvement, engagement in substantive work, and $2,000 per year per individual toward expenses to attend the Section's leadership meetings.
1. All candidates must be current members of the ABA in practice for less than 5 years, and/or under the age of 35.
2. All candidates must demonstrate a record of accomplishment of significant leadership involvement in the Young Lawyers Division, prior participation in the Section of Litigation’s meetings, programs, and subcommittees, or other evidence of commitment to the Section’s work.
Each candidate must submit the following information:
- A complete application form;
- A cover letter describing how the/she meets the application criteria;
- A current resume; and
- One letter of recommendation.
Click here to apply or submit your application by fax or mail.
- » CLE Program: Secrets of a Superstar Associate | (MP3, 13 MB)
- » 2009 ABA YLD Spring Conference: Becoming a Superstar Associate | (MP3, 21 MB)
- » Podcast Episode: Secrets of Superstar Associates (Part 1) | (MP3, 21 MB)
- » Podcast Episode: Secrets of Superstar Associates (Part 2) | (MP3, 16 MB)
- » Article: Young Lawyer Leadership Program: From a Young Lawyer’s Perspective |
- » Article: Top 10 Ways for Young Lawyers to Get Involved with the Section of Litigation |