Environmental, Mass Torts and Products Liability Litigation Committees' Joint CLE Seminar
Thursday, January 27 – Saturday, January 29, 2011
The Silvertree Hotel | Snowmass Village, CO
Online registration is now closed. The next registration opportunity will be onsite.
MCLE Credit – Accreditation has been requested for this program from every state with mandatory continuing legal education requirements for attorneys. Please be aware that each state has its own rules and regulations, including its definitions of CLE.
What You will Learn
- The hottest issues and latest developments in environmental, mass torts and products liability litigation
- The appropriate way to respond to a client crisis, including initial response, preservation of evidence, controlling communications, maintaining privilege, managing claims, and dealing with the media
- Class action litigation developments five years after the passage of the Class Action Fairness Act of 2005
- In-house counsel will reflect on "the new normal" in litigation management and budgeting and will discuss the latest tools and developments
- What to do when your case becomes a mass tort
- Legal and practical considerations at the intersection of bankruptcy and environmental law
- The current state of medical monitoring claims and how they are being treated around the country
The Silvertree Hotel
Snowmass Village, CO
To make your reservation and receive our group rate at The Silvertree Hotel, please call 970.923.8214 or 800.525.9402 and refer to the ABA Section of Litigation 2011 Joint CLE Seminar. The hotel cut off date is Tuesday, December 28, 2010. Please note the hotel policy below:
- Individuals with guaranteed reservations must cancel their reservations 21 days prior to the scheduled day of arrival to avoid a two-night cancellation charge.
|Single/Double||$249.00 plus tax (12.8%)|
Additionally, the Winter X Games Fourteen will be held on Buttermilk Mountain in Aspen January 27 – 30, 2011, and are free to the public. Make your room reservations early as sleeping rooms will be at a premium! For more information, please click the following link: http://espn.go.com/action/xgames/winter/2010/index
- Airfare discounts are available through ABA Online Travel, Orbitz for Business. To access ABA Online Travel, click here, or go to www.abanet.org/travel and click on the Online Travel link at the top of the page. The 24/7 toll-free number for Orbitz for Business is 877/222-4185.
Airports - For your reference, there are (3) convenient airports for your air transportation arrangements:
- Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE) is located 70 miles from Aspen/Snowmass and is serviced by four airlines, with nonstop connecting flights from 12 cities during the winter, and connecting service from cities throughout North America and the world.
- Aspen's Sardy Field (ASE), located just three miles from Aspen and eight miles from Snowmass Village, is the most conveniently located ski resort airport in the world. Aspen Airport is currently serviced by United Express, Frontier Airlines, and Delta Connection with up to 200 flights per week offering reliable, same-day connections from points across the globe.
- Denver International Airport (DEN) is a scenic three-and-a-half hour drive to Snowmass Village.
Ground Transportation Information
Complimentary Shuttle Service
The Silvertree Hotel offers complimentary Aspen’s Sardy Field (ASE) airport shuttle service; please call from the transportation services kiosk at the airport.
- Colorado Mountain Express
Colorado Mountain Express offers door-to-door shared ride shuttles and private car services from Denver International Airport and Eagle County Regional Airport. An unsurpassed safety record, flexible schedules, impeccably maintained vehicles, and courteous, friendly drivers let you sit back, relax and take in our breathtaking Rocky Mountain scenery. Click www.ridecme.com or call 800. 525.6363 for more information.
- Gray Line Colorado Aspen/Snowmass Service
Gray Line luxury ground transportation service, the Official Ground Transportation Partner of Aspen/Snowmass, is available from Denver International Airport and Eagle Airport to Aspen/Snowmass. The year-round operation features scheduled non-stop motor coach service with VIP check-in at Gray Line's concierge facility at DIA, guaranteed window/aisle seating, GPS tracking, on-board entertainment, and customized amenities.
Click www.ridegrayline.com or call 877.277.3690 for more information.
There are many winter activities in Snowmass Village. Please check with the Concierge at The Silvertree Hotel for more information regarding activities. A few choices are listed below:
- SKIING - Lift tickets at Snowmass are valid for four mountains, totaling 4,900 acres, with 40 lifts serving over 300 trails. Snowmass skiing and snowboarding lessons are available for all levels.
- ACES SNOWSHOE TOUR - Explore the exquisite natural beauty of the Snowmass wilderness on a guided, 2-hour snowshoe trip with an Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES) naturalist.
- CROSS-COUNTRY SKIING & SNOWSHOEING – Rentals are available at the Snowmass Cross-Country Ski and Snowshoe Center. Please visit http://www.utemountaineer.com/Snowmassxc.html
- ICE-SKATING - The Silver Circle outdoor ice skating rink is located in downtown Aspen, with rentals available.
- SLEIGH & CARRIAGE RIDES
- SPA — Enjoy a 10% descount on all in-house spa treatments at The Silvertree Hotel's Golden Leaf Spa. To Book your appointment please call 970.479.5004.
- Lift Ticket Order Form
- Activity Options
- Activity Reservation Form
The ABA Environmental, Mass Torts and Products Liability Litigation Committees would like to thank the following sponsors for their generous support of this 2010 CLE Seminar:
A special thank you to LexisNexis and Navigant Consulting, Inc. for their continuing support of the ABA Section of Litigation.
Alston & Bird LLP
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
Blank Rome LLP
Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft LLP
Farella Braun + Martel, LLP
Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.
Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP
Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough, LLP
Robinson & Cole LLP
Shook, Hardy & Bacon L.L.P.
Sedgwick, Detert, Moran & Arnold LLP